The third floor, marked on the Sanborn maps as "storage," was initially used for storage and inventory. When he purchased the laundry in 1923, John Hagen extended the use of machinery to this floor.
Thus the third floor, although it has smaller windows and ceilings (its ceilings are 12', from the bottom of each beam to the floor) also exemplifies an industrial interior.
The third floors wooden beams measure 8" x 16", they run North/South and are separated by 7'6". Every 15', a 10" square wooden post aligns with the center East/West beam which, again, runs the length of the building.